- Who we are
- What data we may collect about you and when
- How we may use your data
- In what situations we may disclose your data to third parties
- How we protect your data
- How you can access your data
Who we are
Theatre de Complicite Education Limited (Complicité) is a charitable company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (Company Number 02625105) and a Registered Charity (number 1012507). Complicité is the data controller of your personal information. Registered office is 14 Anglers Lane, London, NW5 3DG and contact telephone number is +44 (0)20 7485 7700. If you have any questions regarding your data or its use, please contact our Data Protection Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44 (0)20 7485 7700.
What data we may collect and when
We collect personal data when you:
- Subscribe to our emailing list via the website – name and email address
- Join our membership scheme and/or make donation – name, telephone number, email and postal addresses, gift aid preference (unless requested to remain anonymous)
- Respond to a survey – response data
- Purchase merchandise via our website – name, email address, transaction and order details
- Apply for a workshop – name, telephone number, email and postal address
- Respond to a casting notice – name, telephone number, email and postal address
- Apply for a job or intern/work experience vacancy – your name, contact details including telephone number, email and postal address, details of your qualifications and educational history
We may also collect the following data from third parties:
- Depending on your privacy settings, you may provide permission to collect data from social media and online services such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google.
- When conducting fundraising research, use publicly available data about you for example, from LinkedIn, Companies House, Charity Commission and legitimate media sources.
Sensitive personal data
On occasion, and only when there is a clear reason to do so, we may collect additional data, which will be anonymised and would not be linked back to a specific individual. This could include sensitive personal data, recognised under Data Protection law as information about health, ethnicity, religious beliefs and political opinions. We may request this information to adapt the work environment for new employees or to analyse data required for funders.
How we may use your data
We only collect data that we need in order to carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you. For example:
- To fulfil merchandise, donation and membership requests
- To provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration
- To contact you with important information relating to a purchase
- To send customised online marketing (if applicable)
The basis under which we process any data could be one of three ways, see examples below:
When you make a donation, a purchase, book a workshop or apply for a job you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of problems with a purchase or payment.
In certain situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However, we only do so if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal data in this way. For example; to manage and administer our relationship with you, such as keeping our database up to date and renewing your membership; to alert you to opportunities to support Complicité, to analyse the use of our services so that we can improve your experience.
Consent is explicitly requested to send you updates via email about what’s on, offers and news or about supporting us. For any other situation where the above two bases are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal data in that specific situation.
How we protect your data
We are committed to protecting the personal data you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the data we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use. As part of the services offered to you through our website, the personal data you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of the computer servers used to host the website are located in a country outside of the EEA. If we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this privacy notice. We may transfer your data to the USA to organizations such as Facebook, Google or Mailchimp. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations that are part of the EU Privacy Shield Initiative will handle your personal data. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov. We will keep your data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more data than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for example if you have made a purchase via our website then your details are retained for 28 days until the sale is complete and no returns required, alternatively if you made a donation then we will hold your details until notified by you. Where your data is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of, deleted or cached in a secure manner.
How you can access your data
You may request details of the personal data we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the data held please send a description of the data you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to email@example.com. The accuracy of your personal data is important to us and you can help keep our records up to date by telling us when your contact details and other personal data changes, and if you change your mind about how we contact you. If you would like to update the details we hold or change your contact preferences please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can opt out of email marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of every email.
This notice was updated on 21 May 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at Complicité or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.